Wednesday, 22 July 2009

The Origin of the Milky Way

Jupiter, wishing to immortalise the infant Hercules (whose mother was the mortal Alcmene), held him to the breasts of the sleeping Juno. The milk which spurted upwards formed the Milky Way, while some fell downwards giving rise to lilies.

I am working on re-creating this painting as a paper cinema piece for the Horse + Bamboo production Deep Time Cabaret. Below are a few drawings I have been working on. The bottom image is the closest to what I'll be creating for the final piece.




I will be going up to Horse + Bamboo next week for the production workshop. This is where everyone on the production will be working together to develop Deep Time Cabaret further. I will be involved in lots of projection tests etc... so will update with the results of that soon.

1 comment:

tonychauzer said...

I have no idea how I ended up here I accidently hit the wrong button I suppose - hah. But I saw The Little Match Girl too and I thought it was just stunning work. The milky way piece looks like quite a feat - best of luck on that project :)