Friday, 10 July 2009

2009 Releases


I just thought I would share some of the latest animated features due for release this year that I really wanna see! I am a HUGE Pixar fan so am really looking forward to seeing UP which will be released here in the UK in October. It has already been released in the US which I am a bit gutted about :( But the trailers and clips look great and I can't wait to see the usual Pixar short at the start of the film. :)

I also can't wait to see the new traditionally animated Disney film The Princess and the Frog. I think the last hand drawn piece they did which I actually liked was the Emperor's New Groove which was years ago now. There are a couple of featurettes over at AWNtv.com that are worth a look.

And finally I am super excited for the latest Ghibli film Ponyo. It has already been released in Japan for over a year now I think... and I still haven't managed to see it. I am looking forward to seeing it on the big screen though and will just have to hope the english dubbing isn't terrible. Infact I don't think I have ever seen a Ghibli movie at the cinema before... so this will be a first. :)
Hopefully I'll have some time to blog about these movies when I get around to seeing them so watch this space!

I am also excited for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which is coming out next week. Anyone who knows me will know I am a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan and although I have never really been a big fan of the films I am really looking forward to this one! The trailer looks pretty good and the last one wasn't too bad.

And a non-movie release... I can't wait to get my hands on the new Assassians Creed game. It looks amazing and there is so many more things that you can do in this one that weren't possible in the first. This is released late November... so could be a possible early Christmas gift for myself. :)
I'll leave you with the E3 demo (in game footage!) so you can see what I am talking about.

No comments: