Thursday, 11 October 2007

FINAL FILM

I have finally sorted out all my ideas for my final film and come up with a loose idea of what I am planning to do.

I have chosen to base my story on Hans Christian Andersens The Little Match Girl. I am planning to set the film in China at Chinese New Year.
During both my visits to China I have witnessed children begging on the streets but the locals always say do not give them anything as they are being controlled by gangs and all the money goes into the gangs pockets.
I felt that for my final film to be successful I would need to invoke some kind of emotion. I find it very upsetting to think about these young children being bought and sold by gangs for begging.


So the main character of my film is going to be a young beggar girl in Beijing.
I have never been to Beijing before however I wanted to set my film in a place that is recognizable as China. I wanted to include famous places such as Tiannanmen Square and the Forbidden City.

I have worked on a couple of character designs but I am still experimenting with different mediums to see how I want this character and film to look.


No comments: