Thursday, 18 February 2010

The Secret of Kells

One of the nominees for the best animated film at the Oscars this year is an Irish film called The Secret of Kells.



"Brendan, a 12-year-old Irish boy, has spent his young life living among monks in an abbey. When a new monk, Brother Aidan, and his unusual cat help Brendan discover his hidden talents as an illustrator, the boy soon finds himself on a dangerous quest to complete the legendary Book of Kells."

I only just heard about this film this week. I think I must have been living in a box as there are tons of things online about it. It looks absolutely amazing. Above is the US trailer but I recommend you visit the official website to see another trailer and have a look at the gallery, it contains some stunning images.






It was never released at UK cinemas but I found it available to buy through amazon.co.uk. This is definitely a must see for me!

For more info you can check out this Empire Online article thanks to Chris for posting this on good old facebook.

1 comment:

Bianca Ansems said...

It was shown at Aardman when I was there, but didn't have the time to see it :[