Monday, 12 October 2009

Going to the Movies!

I feel like I have been a bit of a movie go-er the last couple of weeks. I am enjoying seeing lots of films but it really is burning a hole in my pocket. I can't believe how expensive the cinema is these days! Especially for the 3D movies! Nearly £10 a ticket is ridiculous! You can buy the movie on DVD for that!

ANYWAY....

Yesterday I went to the cinema to see 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'. It was pretty funny :) Lots of action and silly things for the kids but also a lot of funny dialogue between the characters. I loved all the crazy inventions Flint had invented. My favourite being the spray on shoe! Lovely and glittery! I also really liked the animation on the end credits. Having some nice textured 2D animation at the end is always good!


Last week I went to see Toy Story 3D. My friends little boy had never seen it before which I thought was a disgrace! So I HAD to take him! It also gave me and my friend a chance to see it again. What a classic pixar film it is! I hadn't seen it for years so I had forgotten how funny it was! Especially Rex and Mr Potato Head, those guys are hilarious! I am really looking forward to Toy Story 3 now and I will still get to see Toy Story 2 3D at cinemas in the new year. :)


Toy Story 3D Feature

Next week I am finally going to see 'Up'. I have no idea why it has taken all these months to get to the UK but I am really looking forward to it! I have spoken to a couple of people who have seen it and they have loved it so I am hoping I will too! :)

Oh and one last film... I recently saw the original Japanese version of 'Ponyo' which was great! Like every other Ghibli movie I absolutely loved it! I might even go to see it when it is released in UK cinemas even though the English dialogue always sounds kinda weird. It looked amazing though! The colours of the undersea world were brilliant and the character animation was perfect! ♥ I loved every single bit of it!

Seeing all these animated movies really makes me want to get animating again. Especially after seeing Toy Story as it was the early Pixar films that first inspired me to get into animation. The next chance I am free I need to start planning my own little animation masterpiece!

No comments: