Thursday, 22 October 2009

My DS & Me - Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage

Professor Layton on DS

I might be a little late with this game as it was released AGES ago but I really liked it and wanted to share. It is such a simple puzzle game but I loved it!

You follow Professor Layton and his assistant Luke on their quest to solve the mystery of the Golden Apple. The game is set in the village of St. Mystere which is full of quirkly characters who all want you to solve their puzzles. The style of the game has a Ghibli feel to it with beautiful painted backgrounds and great character design. The story is told with traditional animated cut sequences throughout which adds a nice a touch to the game.

I am not normally a big puzzle fan but I found the look and the plot of the game so appealing that I ended up really enjoying the puzzles. Most of the puzzles are quite simple although there were the odd few that gave me quite a headache. I personally found the ones that involved numbers particularly difficult, but then I have never been very good at Maths. >.<

I have completed the story part of the game and am now trying to complete the more difficult puzzles. There is also a bonus mode which have some much more difficult versions of the puzzles I have already completed. I have had a lot of fun playing this game and it is the first game I have actually completed in ages. I think the fact I can just dip in and out of it has been quite good as I don't have much time for games these days. :(

I really recommend this game! Especially if you're a puzzle fan but also if you want to play a game that feels a little different. The traditionally animated cut sequences really made it something special for me. When I have finished on my current project I am going to buy the recently released sequel 'Professor Layton and Pandora's Box' as a present for myself. ^-^

No comments: